Monday, June 1, 2009

E3 Goodies

So it is time again for E3. For those of you who don't know what that is, it stands for Electronic Entertainment Expo. It mainly revolves around video games whether it be PC, console, or handheld. It doesn't officially start until tomorrow but game developers tend to release press conferences the day before. Granted E3 has gone down hill ever since they stopped allowing the public in but I thought I would take a peek at some of the stories coming out of the press conferences.

The big hype going on is about the PSP Go. Basically a long overdue upgrade to the PlayStation Portable. I hope Sony has brought their game since they have been off the ball for about a year or so. Plus Nintendo is a powerhouse when it comes to the handheld market. But I really don't want to talk to much about this right now. Jeremy is more of a handheld guy and has a PSP so he would be better to talk about this.

I want to turn my attention to the Microsoft press conference. They talked about a few things like Rock Band Beatles and some upgrades to XBox live such as instant tv shows and movies as well as access to Twitter and Facebook from your console. But what I am looking forward to the most is the sequel to the best zombie apocalypse survivor game ever, Left 4 Dead. Jeremy and I are both quite excited for Left 4 Dead 2 which is scheduled to launch November 17. Not only did they announce L4D2 today but they also released a trailer. Already the graphics look better, the story looks fun plus new weapons like axes, baseball bats, and chainsaws! The way I see it, the zombie apocalypse is bound to happen someday so why not start training.

No comments:

Post a Comment